Self-pay terms and conditions
Self-pay Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions which apply when you pay for treatment yourself (self-pay) at The Foscote Hospital.
Our fixed price quotations
- If you require treatment we will provide a fixed price quotation for this, subject to the clinical requirements determined by your consultant.
- The written quotation will remain valid for 60 days from date of issue.
- The written quotation and the Agreement to the Terms and Conditions form the basis of our contract with you.
- Our hospital and your consultant must be satisfied that you do not have any pre-existing medical conditions, or other factors, that are likely to give rise to complications, or the need for additional treatment, during your stay. Before confirming your admission we will use our clinical pre-operative assessment service to establish that we are able to treat you at our hospital.
- Our fixed quotation will not change during the 60 day period referred to above, but we reserve the right not to provide treatment if it is not clinically appropriate for us to do so.
- You will be required to pay in full for your treatment before admission to hospital and before receiving any procedure.
- You can pay by credit or debit card, bank transfer or cheque. We require you to allow 10 working days for personal cheque clearance before you receive treatment.
- No refund will be given if you decide not to proceed with the treatment after admission to hospital or if you decide to discharge yourself, at any time, against the advice of your consultant or the nursing staff.
- For cancellations more than 14 days ahead of the planned treatment a full refund will be given.
- For cancellations between 14 days and 24 hours of planned treatment you will be liable for the cost of any tests already undertaken and any items specifically ordered for your treatment, if they cannot be returned. These costs will be deducted from your payment before any refund is made to you.
- If you cancel within 24 hours of planned treatment or do not attend our hospital at the correct time, you will be liable for the full charge.
- If, following pre-operative assessment, your consultant determines it is not suitable to proceed with treatment a full refund will be given.
The fixed quotation we provide will include any consultants’ fees for your treatment. The Foscote Hospital will collect those fees as an agent for your consultant and anaesthetist who are independent practitioners. Consultants will charge you separately for your initial consultation.
If you have any questions at all about our Self-pay Terms and Conditions, please contact our Business Office on 01295 252281 or by email.