We offer outstanding levels of compassionate care from all of our team and only work with the region’s leading consultant surgeons and physicians so self-pay patients can be sure of the highest standards of clinical excellence for your treatment.
You’ll find the answers to some commonly asked self-pay patients FAQs below.
Can I pay for a procedure or treatment myself at The Foscote Hospital?
Yes, if you don’t have private health insurance you can choose to self-pay for your treatment at The Foscote Hospital. You might choose to do this because the treatment you need isn’t available through the NHS or there may be a long waiting list for the procedure you need. In many cases you can also self-refer, ie you don’t need a referral from your GP.
You can book your appointments at times to suit you with little or no wait. If your procedure requires a hospital stay, we offer comfortable and well-equipped private single en-suite bedrooms, with round-the-clock care from our Resident Medical Officer and nursing staff and excellent catering provided by our in-house team.
Popular self-pay procedures available at our hospital include:
- Cosmetic and plastic surgery – Breast implants or reductions, tummy tucks (abdominplasty), removal of moles and skin lesions, ear pinning (pinnaplasty/otoplasty)
- General surgery – Hernia repairs and gall bladder removal
- Ophthalmology- Cataract removal surgery
- Orthopaedics – Hip and knee replacements, shoulder surgery, Carpal tunnel syndrome surgery
- Physiotherapy – Physiotherapy, sports and Swedish massage
- Radiology – Ultrasound scans and X-rays
How much will it cost?
You’ll find self-pay guide prices at the bottom of the page of the particular treatment you require. For a full list of treatments see our menu here or you can find a particular treatment using the search bar at the top of the page.
If a guide price isn’t given or you would like to check a price or request a tailored individual quotation, please phone our Business Office on 01295 252281 or email us.
What’s included in the price?
Our self-pay prices are highly competitive, fixed-price all-inclusive packages, with the exclusion of your initial consultation fee and diagnostics and outpatient consultations. We aim to ensure our pricing is transparent at all times so there are no surprises and tailored quotes are available on request. You can find the full details of what is included in our fixed-price packages here.
Will I receive confirmation of the cost?
We will confirm fixed prices in writing following your first consultation, which is not included in the package. The cost of your first consultation will be between £150-250. Once you have received this first consultation with one of our highly experienced consultants and they are able to understand fully what will be required for your individual case, we will be able to confirm a fixed price for your procedure.
We make every effort to ensure that a fixed price remains fixed. Very occasionally we may need to adjust a price, following the results of pre-operative investigations.
What should I do next?
If you would like a quotation, please call or email our Business Office team or to book an initial consultation (cost of approximately £150-£250, not included in the fixed price package), please call our Reception team on 01295 252281.
When is payment required?
- Payment for your initial consultation with a consultant is required in full before the consultation date.
- Payment for your fixed price procedure is required in full before the date of your procedure.
You can make your payment by
- cheque – payable to The Foscote Private Hospital
- credit or debit card
- bank transfer
* up to a maximum of £8,000* in compliance with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017.
If you have a query about self-pay pricing or payment, please contact one of our Business Office team between 9.00am – 5.00pm from Monday to Friday on 01295 252281 or by email.