The Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN)
What is PHIN?
PHIN is The Private Healthcare Information Network, the independent, government-mandated source of information (Information Organisation, or IO) about private healthcare, working to empower patients to make better-informed choices of care provider. PHIN is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to make more robust information about private healthcare available than ever before, and to improve data quality and transparency.
PHIN’s vision is that all patients considering private healthcare will have access to trustworthy, comprehensive information on both quality and price to help them make their decisions.
The Foscote Hospital and PHIN
The Foscote Hospital is one of 300 NHS and private hospitals currently working with PHIN. We regularly supply key data about our consultants, procedures and outcomes, as specified by the Competitions and Markets Authority (CMA), to provide transparency and vital information for prospective patients.
The performance measures, which are currently published at both hospital and consultant level on the PHIN website are:
- volumes of procedures undertaken
- average lengths of stay for each procedure
- infection rates (with separate figures for surgical-acquired and facility-acquired infection rates)
- readmission rates
- revision surgery rates
- mortality rates
- unplanned patient transfers (from either the private healthcare facility or NHS Private Patient Unit (PPU) to an NHS facility)
- a measure, as agreed by the IO and its members, of patient feedback and/or satisfaction
- relevant information, as agreed by the IO and its members and, where available, from the clinical registries and audit
- procedure-specific measures of patient-reported health outcome, as agreed by the IO and its members to be appropriate
- frequency of adverse events, as agreed by the IO and its members to be appropriate.
For more information visit The Foscote Hospital PHIN information