CPD Training for GPs
We are pleased to be able to offer a series of free continuing professional development CPD training presentations, talks and workshops by our consultants for GPs in your own surgery at a time to suit your staff and practice training schedule. All CPD talks are aimed at primary care management and referral only when necessary to secondary care. GPs attending a talk will receive a certificate for inclusion in their continuing professional development (CPD) records.
Please let us know if you have a specific requirement which we will aim to meet. Sessions currently available are:
- Palpitations: Who, when and how to refer
- Heart murmurs: A practical approach
- Chest pain: When should I worry
- Heart Failure: Managing medications
- All aspects of cardiology
- ECGs in Primary care
Cosmetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Scar management and treatment – handy hints
- How to manage a suspicious mole minor surgery – tips and hints
- Breast reconstruction cosmetic procedures and NHS rationing
- What is in an implant?
- All skin conditions, scalp and hair loss problems.
- Anaemia diagnosis and treatment
- Proctology problems in primary care
- Investigation of patients with rectal bleeding and change in bowel habit
- Treatment of faecal incontinence
- Upper gastro-intestinal disease
- Gallstone disease
- Benign biliary disease
- Management of hernia
- Locality guidelines
- Improving outcomes in female incontinence
- Menorrhagia: too much choice?
- How should we give patient advice
- HRT: time to revisit?
- Abnormal Uterine bleeding in pre-menopausal women
- Ovarian cysts management and referral
- Upper and Lower limb orthopaedics
- Lower limb orthopaedics
- Assessment of the knee
- MSK radiology uses in diagnosis and treatment
- Image-guided joint injections
- MSK radiology – when to refer
- Ultrasound-guided muskoskeletal intervention
- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatological conditions, including osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Management and treatment of vascular disease
If you would like to arrange any of these sessions at your surgery or if you have a specific requirement not covered above, please contact Deborah Watson on 01295 252281 or by email.